This service depends on the APAFAC association, one of the entities that makes up the Autisme la Garriga project.
Physical and psychomotor education is a fundamental activity in the therapeutic programmes for people with autism, due to the fact that its benefits go beyond just motor and psychomotor aspects, contributing to the general well-being of the people and reducing certain behavioural problems.
The mission is to offer activities to people with autistic spectrum disorder and improve their physical capacity and have a positive impact on their psychological well-being.
Their goals are to:
• Develop and maintain physical capacities.
• Develop and maintain psychomotor capacities.
• Stimulate group activities.
• Improve psychological well-being .
• Reduce behavioural problems.
The methods used are based on:
• Individualised programmes.
• Individual plan for support and reinforcement.
• Individual and group activities.
The activities carried out are:
• Hiking and walking
• Aquatic activities